Friday, June 1, 2012

Feelings vs Feeling




So this afternoon I spent about 2 hours talking to a fantastic young woman, the owner of Shanti Yoga in downtown Vancouver. We did not practice any asanas, so there was no physical yoga, all we did was have a discussion about her studio and her yogic style and philosophies, and how I may or may not fit in with her 'home'. She is so incredible, her studio is so amazing, that I literally felt as though we were doing yoga and meditating that whole time. (1. this is a little plug to those in the NW to go ahead and check out her space whenever you get a chance, it is completely worth it.) 2. this post is about a discovery that transpired when I arrived back home.

I was sharing with my husband how amazing I am still feeling, that when i hugged him he was a little excited himself and sqeezed too hard. When I said 'owww' his response was, 'guess your're not feeling good anymore.' and I just said out of reflex without hesitation, 'No, I do feel good, it my hips that do not.' And I left him alone in the kitchen packing to come here and share this inspiration with you.

So often we relate ourselves with extrenal items and events, even if that external item is our own flesh. Most of us have a tendoncy to emotionally react and really live into whatever we are experiencing or witnessing in the present moment. Take a toddler for example, most have witnessed a child getting hurt before, and one of two things will happen; if you laugh or smile or cheer, the child will smile and go back to their play, if however you gasp and say 'oh no' and rush over, then they start to well up with tears and cry. Now I am not saying that we are all giant toddlers crawling around through life, its just a good visual example of how you can allow you mood to change or not based on your situation.

So I invite you each to begin noticing your internal self verse your external self, and see how easy it is to let things go, and just be! =)



Love you all,
as always thank you!

Namaste
~Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment